logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
BretBMF  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2015 1:08:35 PM(UTC)
BretBMF

Groups: Arizona Collectors, Registered, Arcade/Repair Party Invitees
Man
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Argh! Another Qbert issue... I know!

So, Joe sent me his Qbert 10-in-1. He let me know there were a few issues he was experiencing with it, but that it worked. I really want this in my game as I am a big fan of Qbert Qubes. I installed the kit on the board and it booted right up in to the splash screen of the menu. I flip it in to test mode and adjust the settings (change it to freeplay and change which game the machine boots to) and it doesn't save these settings. Weird, right? I searched on KLOV and it seems when this thing came out (and I believe this is v 3.01) there were others with the same issue, but I don't think there was a set answer. Mike Doyle responded to a lot of the posts, but it was more "It's not the kit, it's the Gottleib board." I find this interesting as Qbert worked just fine... saved the high scores and everything... when it was just Qbert. Now that the multi board is in there it seems like there is an issue. I am going to try to mess with it a bit and see if I can get it working better (hell, I probably am doing something wrong). I want it to save high scores, but that's not of super high importance. I really would like it just to save the settings and keep the freeplay and boot to as I ask it to.

Anyway... I might bring this to the repair party if someone on here thinks that they can help. Brien - could we try working on it at your place on the 9th? You have a Qbert so I should just be able to bring the board, right? Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks in advance everyone!

- Bret
Arcadenut  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2015 2:09:50 PM(UTC)
Arcadenut

Groups: Zapcon Staff, Arizona Collectors, Administrators, Arcade/Repair Party Invitees, Moderator
Man

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BretBMF Go to Quoted Post

So, Joe sent me his Qbert 10-in-1. He let me know there were a few issues he was experiencing with it, but that it worked. I really want this in my game as I am a big fan of Qbert Qubes. I installed the kit on the board and it booted right up in to the splash screen of the menu. I flip it in to test mode and adjust the settings (change it to freeplay and change which game the machine boots to) and it doesn't save these settings. Weird, right? I searched on KLOV and it seems when this thing came out (and I believe this is v 3.01) there were others with the same issue, but I don't think there was a set answer. Mike Doyle responded to a lot of the posts, but it was more "It's not the kit, it's the Gottleib board." I find this interesting as Qbert worked just fine... saved the high scores and everything... when it was just Qbert. Now that the multi board is in there it seems like there is an issue. I am going to try to mess with it a bit and see if I can get it working better (hell, I probably am doing something wrong). I want it to save high scores, but that's not of super high importance. I really would like it just to save the settings and keep the freeplay and boot to as I ask it to.

Anyway... I might bring this to the repair party if someone on here thinks that they can help. Brien - could we try working on it at your place on the 9th? You have a Qbert so I should just be able to bring the board, right? Let me know your thoughts.

- Bret

I do not have a Q*Bert that is in any shape to test with. Sorry.
BretBMF  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2015 2:33:13 PM(UTC)
BretBMF

Groups: Arizona Collectors, Registered, Arcade/Repair Party Invitees
Man
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Arcadenut Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BretBMF Go to Quoted Post

- Bret

I do not have a Q*Bert that is in any shape to test with. Sorry.

Dang. Ok. Well there goes that idea.